Holy chocolate! Beware these are addicting and so good you may eat the whole batch! I’ve made these a few times now and added some different spices and even matcha powder to change the flavor profile and for a little pick me up (but with all this chocolate you may not need anymore pick me up!) 🙂 I also used my bourbon infused maple syrup we carry in the Provisions store at the Pilates studio. You gota try it! The best is on pancakes!! These cookies are sticky and messy to make but so worth it!!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 C of maple syrup or local honey (gota try these with the bourbon infused syrup!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla- (make sure to use the kind without the alcohol)
- 1 C sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 C dark chocolate (80% cacao or higher)- chopped
- ***(if you want to change them up add a Tbsp of Matcha Powder, add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg, or heat them up with a 2 pinches of cayenne)***
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, sunflower butter and mix well. Add salt, baking soda, honey or syrup, cacao powder and stir well. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Wet your hands with water so they’re less likely to stick. Spoon the dough into your hands and roll them into a ball or roll slightly and drop them on the sheet if you want them to look a little more rustic like mine in the picture. **(Remember the dough should be really wet and sticky.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.
- They should be really moist and rich and you can’t eat just one!! Enjoy!