Breakfast always tastes better in a wine glass right? Here is our protein packed Chia Seed pudding recipe. Sweetened with berries and we’ve added some anti-inflammatory cinnamon to it for a little boost for the joints and ligaments. 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds equals 6 oz of chicken in protein so if you’re looking to substitute some of the meat you’re consuming then chia seeds are the perfect option. Remember if you eat your protein first that helps stabilize the body’s blood sugar levels! So remember to go for the protein first! And if you want to substitute different fruits feel free!:)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp local honey
- 1 kiwi- peeled and sliced
- 3 gooseberries
- 2 figs
- 5-6 fresh raspberries
- 5-6 fresh blackberries
- 1/2 tsp cacao nibs
- In a bowl or jar, add chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk and stir well. Let sit until the chia seeds absorb the milk.
- Once you have a pudding consistency. Top with cacao nibs, fruit and honey.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
Woke up yesterday, on this spring April morning with a snow-covered ground, two kids with strep throat, a baby getting over a cold, and it was my only day off for the month to not have clients, run errands, have a meeting, and just be ALONE! Well needless to say that didn’t happen so while they were all nestled in their beds, I took a mini tropical vacation with my breakfast! These days I get excited if I can sit and eat my food, let alone use 2 hands. 🙂
So I needed a quick mood booster, energy restorer, and it had to be quick because once I’ve finally got my food ready to sit down and enjoy, there’s crying, fighting, or tears always in the background! So here’s to a mini getaway even if it’s just 10 minutes to eat and daydream that there’s no snow on the ground and you’re enjoying fruit from a tropical island!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 C unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 2 Passion Fruit- fruit removed
- 1 Kiwi- Peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp dried Cranberries
- 4 Organic Strawberries- sliced
- 1 Tbsp Buckwheat Groats
- In a bowl- pour in chia seeds, then add milk. Wait about 5-8 minutes let the chia soak up the milk. Add honey and stir to make sure all is combined well.
- Start layering strawberries, kiwi, passion fruit, cranberries, coconut, and groats
- Sprinkle on the cacao nibs for a little chocolate flavor
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
Sick of the same old breakfast! Try my protein packed and delicious chia seed pudding recipe!! Pudding for breakfast you say? Now who wouldn’t want pudding for breakfast? Chia seeds are packed with protein, add your favorite nuts for heart healthy oils and more protein. Add an array of berries for antioxidants. Top with raisins and honey for sweetness. Drop in your spoon and enjoy!! It’s guaranteed to keep you full through the morning and into lunch.
Chia Seed Pudding:
Makes 1-2 Servings
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup blueberries, raspberries, and/or blackberries
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
In a bowl, add chia seeds and almond milk. Let the chia seeds soak in the milk, until the seeds absorb all the milk. About 5-10 minutes. Once the chia seeds have expanded and absorbed the milk. Top with berries, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and honey.
Loving this recipe? Grab more like this one is my fall/winter cookbook, “Farm Foodie Fitness Homegrown.”