OMG! How about these guys!! I had a rough emotional week with the loss of my grandmother and she would ask every week when we talked on the phone what new recipe I had made this week. Life has been so busy lately, I haven’t been able to play in the kitchen much so in honor of her and chocolate always seems to make everyone smile. So these little babies should brighten your day no matter if you’ve got 80 degree weather at the beach, 2 feet of snow in the mountains, the holidays got ya in a head spin, or you just need a little emotional pickup!!
Only takes about 20 minutes to make and an hour to wait to let them sit and then you’ll be indulging in them in no time!! I’ve already had requests to make them special for some of my clients for this week so I know you’ll love them too. Here is what you’ll need.
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnuts
- 1 Cup dates soaked and pitted
- 1 Cup dried cherries
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 C Dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Add walnuts, hazelnuts and cinnamon to a Vitamix or food processor and pulse. Still want some chunks and texture to the nuts so make sure not to pulse till it becomes a flour.
- Pour nut mix into a bowl.
- Add dates, cherries, salt and vanilla to the Vitamix or food processor and pulse to make a paste. Again you still want it chunky.
- Add paste to the nuts and mix well.
- On a baking sheet put a layer of wax paper over. Roll nuts/paste into small bowls and place on wax paper.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to a boil, put glass bowl on top of the pot and add chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Make sure not to leave it, it will burn and stick to the bowl. You may need to add some coconut milk to keep it from thickening too much.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted. Spoon chocolate on top of the energy balls. Use a little or a lot, totally up to you.
- Put baking sheet in the freezer for at least an hour. Then pop them off and into a glass container. Keep them in freezer for a healthy snack for some extra energy!