Sundays are my only day usually home with the family and with summer coming and the studio about to go buck-wild, sometimes I don’t even get Sundays with my favorite little people. But every Sunday the kids come jumping on the bed and ask what pancakes we’re making for breakfast. Usually I let them decide what to put in as the summer progresses, there is a lot more choices for fruits and goodies.
This time of year we are right on the cusp of local strawberries coming into play. So this time I decided as I rummaged through the refrigerator. Strawberries and coconut always go well together!! So here are is my new pancake recipe!!
Ingredients: Makes about 10 medium-sized thick pancakes
- 1 1/2 C of Gluten-free pancake mix. (Trader Joe’s has a great one!) ( You can also make your own flour mixes, but a box already together is way faster and cheaper! Just read the label for good quality ingredients)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C of water (may need a little extra if it’s too thick)
- 1/4 C of Coconut oil-melted down
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder (secretly through this in again)
- 1 container washing and sliced thin strawberries
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- Coconut oil or spray for the pan while cooking
- In a bowl add flour mix, eggs, water, cacao powder, coconut oil and mix well. Add more water if it seems too thick.
- Preheat and oil pan so pancakes will not stick. Keep heat on medium once the pan has warmed up.
- Scoop in pancake mix to the pan, whatever size you would like. Remember these will be thicker so make them a little smaller.
- Top with shredded coconut, and 3-4 slices of strawberries. Once the pancake begins to bubble you can flip them so they cook all the way through.
- Stack them high on a plate add some fresh berries to the side or top with a pinch of coconut flakes and a little pure maple syrup if you wish.
- Dig in and enjoy!