Woke up yesterday, on this spring April morning with a snow-covered ground, two kids with strep throat, a baby getting over a cold, and it was my only day off for the month to not have clients, run errands, have a meeting, and just be ALONE! Well needless to say that didn’t happen so while they were all nestled in their beds, I took a mini tropical vacation with my breakfast! These days I get excited if I can sit and eat my food, let alone use 2 hands. 🙂
So I needed a quick mood booster, energy restorer, and it had to be quick because once I’ve finally got my food ready to sit down and enjoy, there’s crying, fighting, or tears always in the background! So here’s to a mini getaway even if it’s just 10 minutes to eat and daydream that there’s no snow on the ground and you’re enjoying fruit from a tropical island!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 C unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 2 Passion Fruit- fruit removed
- 1 Kiwi- Peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp dried Cranberries
- 4 Organic Strawberries- sliced
- 1 Tbsp Buckwheat Groats
- In a bowl- pour in chia seeds, then add milk. Wait about 5-8 minutes let the chia soak up the milk. Add honey and stir to make sure all is combined well.
- Start layering strawberries, kiwi, passion fruit, cranberries, coconut, and groats
- Sprinkle on the cacao nibs for a little chocolate flavor
- Grab a spoon and dig in!