Lately I seem to be on a chocolate and coconut kick. I’ve been putting them in everything from yogurt to pancakes and now I tackled muffins. I’m not too much of a baker but it was a rainy dreary day, I decided to make these along with the lasagna I put in for the kids dinner. (Which by the way I subbed the Ricotta Cheese and used blended down Garbanzo beans to make a paste instead! Cuts out the bad fat, real with the good fat and still enjoy comfort foods with out all the guilt!!) So if you need a chocolate fix and one that doesn’t leave too much guilt. These are your muffins!!
Makes 20-24 muffins
- 2 Organic eggs
- 2 Cups Coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Gluten-free baking soda
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened Coconut Milk (may need a little more if batter is too thick
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add in milk, egg, vanilla extract.
- Mix well until combined
- Using cupcake liners, spoon in batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.