During the winter months I tend to reach for the heavier, richer foods that are more comforting. Now with a 10 week old, time seems to blow by even faster everyday which makes it a little harder to make some of the dishes I so love to make. So I’ve been on a search for something a little more filling but quick and hearty.
So today I threw in some butternut squash and roasted it, in between the laundry, emails, phone calls, and baby feedings. This is what I got! So good! Healthy, hearty, and filling!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 medium Fiji apples-cored and sliced (save a little for garnish- if ya want)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core, and seed the squash. In a pan, drizzle olive oil and place squash on top. Cook for about 25 minutes or until it becomes tender
- Once it’s tender. Chop squash roughly and add to a high-speed blender. Add sliced apples, coconut milk, salt, pepper, and herbs. Blend well until smooth.
- In a dry pan, toast pumpkin seeds on medium heat until they become fragrant and become darker in color. About 2 minutes. Make sure to watch them they will burn quick!
- Add soup to a bowl. Top with apples and pumpkin seeds!