Happy St. Patty’s Day!!! I love this holiday! I think I may like it better than Christmas! Must be the Irish blood that runs through my veins, or maybe it’s my small addiction to Guinness? Either way I always count down the days till St. Patty’s!
This holiday tends to be the day of eating heavy; cabbage, potatoes, soda bread, beef or lamb, and lots and lots of whiskey and beer! So for dessert, I decided to make something minty and a little lighter to help cleanse the palette and not leave the belly feeling so heavy so that there’s no more room for Guinness!! 🙂
So here’s to a happy St. Patty’s day and to finishing off the day with Minty Banana Ice Cream and another Guinness of course! 😉
- 3-4 frozen bananas (I always store over ripe bananas in a baggie after I’ve peeled them and save them for smoothies and desserts. If you don’t have any frozen. Peel, slice and store in freezer for a couple of hours before at least, or over night is best)
- 1-2 drops of organic peppermint extract, 1 drop of doTERRA peppermint oil (seriously 1 drop is almost too much peppermint- watch how much you put in using essential oils because they are so strong and potent.) or a handful of your favorite kind of mint.
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut milk (use to soften up the bananas)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp hazelnuts or pistachios chopped
- 1 tsp cacao powder to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- spring of mint for garnish
- In a food processor or blender add bananas and peppermint and mix well.
- Add coconut milk to soften the bananas and to help make it smoother. Be careful how much you add, too much will make it soupy.
- Pour into separate bowls. Top with coconut, nuts, cacao nibs, and cacao powder
- Garnish with mint spring and you’re ready to dive in.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
So easy and fast!