This a perfect dish for the holidays! Take for as a side dish to a Holiday party, salad for Christmas dinner, or to work for a healthy lighter meal after all the heavy holiday yummies! The Citrus dressing makes it so much better! Here’s to a little health this time of year.
- 2 Cups of kale- washed and de-stemmed
- 1 cup of chopped cabbage-purple tends to be sweeter and adds more color
- 1 large pear sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup quinoa- sprouted
- 1/4 cup- chopped Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup of quinoa soak in 2 cups of filtered water for 4-6 hours or overnight. Drain, rinse, and drain again.
- Chop kale and cabbage and place in a bowl.
- Add sprouted quinoa
- Slice pears and place on top of quinoa
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and Macademia nuts on top
- In a jar- add olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon and lime juice. Shake well and add to salad
- Toss until well blended. Serve and Enjoy!