Yeah!!! Christmas is coming again! Red wine, Champagne, family, friends, and Chocolate!! Best time of year right?! I love this time of year! Now if I could slow down enough to enjoy them 😉 I was playing in the kitchen this week and bam! Another recipe thrown together and guess what (in my whispering voice) they’re gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, and I think they actually taste better than what you buy in a box at the store!
So you ready for the recipe??? I had a little locals market show to sell my cookbooks this week and had these out for samples and I couldn’t keep them on my serving plate! (Of course one of my favorite girlfriends was sneaking by often and grabbing them too, when she didn’t think I was looking! Umm, I won’t say her name, since she reads my blog!) 😉 You can store these in the freezer and then just snatch one when you get that hankering! I made a couple different kinds using different spices and essential oils! Impress your friends by trying different flavors!!
What are those other truffles? Raw Cinnamon Ginger Truffles! Grab that recipe too!
- 1.5 cups Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil-melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil or use 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon spice
- extra cacao powder to dust truffles
( Want to change it up? Add a drop of wild orange or lemon essential oils, 1/4 teaspoon ginger or nutmeg or alcohol-free vanilla extract.)
- Add all ingredients into a Vitamix or food processor. Roll into desired sized balls and roll into cacao powder. Place in refrigerator to harden for a 15-20 minutes. Dust with a little more cacao powder to make sure they are fully covered.