Over breakfast? Sometimes I just skip breakfast foods and go straight for lunch at 6:30 am. Waffles, bagels, cereal, oatmeal…. Monotonous and boring! Anyone else sick of the same breakfast foods? Want a new spin on breakfast? Grab this recipe! My husband responded with “you only made 3 pieces,” when I first made it. After eating it I thought to myself, “yea, what was I thinking! Three pieces is definitely not enough!”
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon-Grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup goat cheese-(the good stuff!)
- Gourmet bread-(I used LaBrea’s Rosemary and Olive Oil Loaf)
- 4-5 oz Wild Caught Smoked Salmon
- 5-6 fresh garden tomatoes-(the more colors the prettier!)
- 4-5 baby beets
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 2 springs fresh Dill
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- On Medium heat, add 1 tablespoons of grape seed oil. Slice loaf bread and place in pan. Cook bread until it browns and becomes crispy.
- Spread a thin/thick layer of goat cheese and then place smoked salmon on top.
- In the same saute pan you cooked the bread, add a little oil and throw in capers. Cook until fragrant. About 2-3 minutes. Capers will brown a little on the outside when they’re ready.
- Slice beets (beets are raw) and roughly chop tomatoes.
- Place beets and tomatoes on top. Add capers, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Tear dill and sprinkle on top. Enjoy!