Ramp it up this spring with fresh ramps and make your own homemade pesto! Check to see if there are any ramp festivals in your area! Most farmers markets will carry them this time of year but it won’t be for long as the weather starts to warm. Make your own batch and add it to pasta, use it as a dip, or add it as a sauce for burgers, sandwiches, even as a marinade for your grilled chicken. Store in small containers and keep in the freezer. Grab a spoonful add a little extra olive oil and you’re all set!
- 1 bunch ramps
- 1/2 cup walnuts-toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese
- Himalayan sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Wash and cut off the leaves of the ramps.
- Chop the ramps and nuts slightly and put them in the food processor.
- Add most of the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pouring the olive oil in slowly, process contents until they combine and make a paste.
- Taste to add more salt and pepper. Add extra Pecorino if you wish!