Spring is desperately trying to get here! That means fresh fruits are right around the corner and we’re almost into strawberry season in my area, almost! Here’s a play off my families Sunday Tradition. Gluten-free pancakes and I let the kids pick what to put in them. They grab their antiqued painted stools, wooden spoons in hands, and just like the dog, they wait for mama to drop a berry on the counter or stove so they can quickly snatch it up and pop it into their mouths! 🙂
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake mix (I use buckwheat.)
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fresh organic strawberries-washed and sliced
- fresh organic blackberries- washed and cut in half
- 100% maple syrup (the real stuff-don’t be fooled by imposters!)
- Add pancake mix, egg, oil, and milk into a bowl and mix well. In a saute pan drizzle olive oil, on medium heat, scoop mix into a warmed pan.
- As the little bubbles start to form on the outside of the pancakes, add fresh fruit and let cook another minute.
- Flip and cook until cooked through.
- Stack your cakes on a plate and top with more berries.
- Pour on desired amount of maple syrup.
Enjoy sitting down as a family at the table! Ours don’t last long so I always double the recipe. Feel free to sub other fruits or gluten-free flours!