Wow! Thanksgiving is only 2 days away?? Where did the time go? The season seems to be rushing in quicker than usual this year. The holiday season is already in full swing with a 4 and 2 year, ready for tree decorating, present wrapping, and “ohhing and ahhhing” (our term for driving around in a warm car to see all the lighted houses 😉 )
My daughter had a Thanksgiving feast for her prekindergarten class yesterday and on the list beside her name it said “pumpkin cookies or muffins” and I thought to myself well now I’ve done it! I’ve made such a stink about what the kids are getting as snacks and extras for birthday parties in school, now I’ve given myself a baking duty every time they have extra curricular activities! So I spent Sunday in the kitchen throwing around some new recipe ideas for the kids that would not only taste good but would also be good for them too! With the sugar season headed our way, I’m doing my damndest to keep the overload of sugar consumption to somewhat reasonable.
This recipe is soo good. I had to restrain myself from making another batch! They came out so moist and declicious, they are almost like a biscuit!! So, with much taunting on Instagram, here is my recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies! 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon or 3 drops of doTerra cinnamon oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter- room temperature
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar or 1 cup sugar in the raw
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 350. Place wax paper or parchment paper down on baking sheets for cookies
- In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients. In a mixer add, butter, pumpkin, egg, sugar or honey, and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until completely blended.
- It should be a sticky dough, using two spoons or a small ice cream scooper, spoon cookies on to wax paper/cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from wax paper and let cool.