I love my Organic Chai Tea! Someone asked me if I had a raw recipe for it one day so I thought, “Hey, great idea!…Now, all I have to do is figure out how I can put it all together to make it into a recipe.” So here’s my yummy version of Raw Organic Chai Tea. Warning** too much ginger could cause serious burning in the nose and throat** Believe me I did it to myself the first time!! Yikes!! 🙂 Chai is great for the flu, sinusitis, and the common cold-info via my new herbalist friend!! So, it’s perfect for this time of year! Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups of organic unflavored almond milk (Or make your own! It tastes so much better!)
- 1 Tbsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp clove (whole or ground)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from the bean
- 1/2 C Agave nectar
Directions: Mix all ingredients into a high-speed blender like a Vitamix. Let the blender spin for 3 minutes to warm up the mixture for a warm drink or add a couple of ice cubes to make it cold!