This week has been insane and I can’t seem to catch up between sick kids, work, writing, housework, and everything else that seems to suck away time! So, when I get stressed I know it’s easier to go for the junk food and sugar but for some reason I decide to start cooking masses amount of food when I get stressed, I guess so I don’t go for the junk. I always want sugar too when I get stressed and overwhelmed. So, here is my “famous” (well I like to call it famous) recipe that made the Fall/Winter 2009 issue of “Charleston Home Magazine,” in Charleston, South Carolina. You can find the recipe at http://issuu.com/ideitch/docs/homemag on page 113.
It’s sweet, nutritous, and garden fresh and perfect for this time of year, with everyone starting their fall garden and perfect for any dish and sooo easy to make. You can even buy these idngredients at all local farmers market right now.
- 1 bunch of organic carrots
- 2 bunches of small organic beets
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs- rosemary, thyme, oregano, and parsley
- sea salt and course black pepper
You can roast them on the grill in foil or in the oven at 350 in a casserole dish for about 45 minutes
- Wash, peel, and chop beets and carrots
- In a medium bowl, toss beets and carrots with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Roughly chop fresh herbs and mix in with vegetables
- Grill or cook until tender-keep an eye on them after 30 minutes-especially on the grill-can burn if left too long